CookServ 8-Quart Stock Pot W/ Lid
- Made of 5-Ply Stainless Steel
- Includes double-wall stainless steel lid with continuous basting nubs
- 8 qt. capacity
- Dishwasher safe
- Designed by Neil Cohen
- This item is exclusive to Nambé
- Designer: Neil Cohen
- Year Designed: 2012
- Collections: cookserv
- Decor Style: Modern
- Cookware Type: Stock/Soup Pot
- Oven Safe: Yes
- Dishwasher Safe: Yes
- Online Engraving: no
- Gift Type: Wedding
- Technical Details: Nambé Gourmet CookServ Stainless Steel Cookware is designed to effortlessly go from the stovetop or oven directly to the table as a beautiful serving piece. When you purchase Nambé Gourmet CookServ cookware, you are bringing award-winning Nambé design into your home as functional sculpture for every day use. The elegant belly shape and stylish curved handles look as good as a serving piece as it does on your stovetop. Nambe Gourmet CookServ 5-ply Cookware is high-performance cookware featuring five layers of material designed to provide superior heat conductivity and top-of-the line cooking performance. The interior layer is corrosion-resistant 304-grade stainless steel, which is non-reactive and won’t alter the flavors of your food. This layer is bonded to three interior layers of aluminum to allow your cookware to heat up quickly and evenly, not only on the bottom of your pan, but all the way up the sides. The exterior layer is composed of magnetic stainless steel, which can be used on all types of cook tops, including gas, electric and induction. Each piece of CookServ cookware features a double-wall Stainless Steel lid with a concentric pattern of Continuous-Basting nubs on the underside. Continuous-Basting nubs collect condensation during the cooking process, which then drips back onto the food to distribute moisture throughout all parts of the dish. The double-walled lid insulates the contents of the cookware to keep food warmer longer, and ensures the lid handle remains cool to the touch when used on the stovetop. In addition, the flared edge with sealed rim makes pouring a snap, no interior rivets mean easy clean up, and the curved loop handles stay cool to the touch due to their solid stainless steel construction.
- Limited Edition: no
- Material Type: Stainless Steel
- Cookware Capacity: 8 qt.
- Online Exclusive: no
- Care & Use: Stainless Steel
About The Designer
Humor, playfulness and serendipity may on first impression seem incompatible with the serious business of designing products for Nambé. Meet Neil Cohen, who creates some of Nambé's most popular and wondrously beautiful designs in metal, crystal and lighting, and has a ton of fun in the process.
Cohen's forward reaching vision and refined sense of shape, material and workmanship characterize his concepts. His work supplies the kind of spark that engages the human spirit. We have said that Nambé designs are "works of art you can use every day." With their combination of humor and discovery, Cohen's strong, concise designs are just that: meaningful experiences in themselves, apart from their functionality.
Holder of two degrees from Rhode Island School of Design, Cohen has lectured at his alma mater, as well as at Pratt and Parsons School of Design. His work has been recognized for its innovation by the Steelcase/Interiors Design Partnership, featured in The New York Times and New York Magazine and chosen for the AIGA's Objects of Design Award. The Japan Arts Council has exhibited his designs. The prestigious 30 Under 30 exhibition in New York has showcased his work among 30 young designers who are shaping the future.