Care & Use
All Nambé pieces are everyday art that’s designed to be used. To also keep them beautiful for many years, follow these guidelines for their care.
Nambé Classic Alloy, Silver in Color
Our proprietary eight metal alloy is known for its beauty, and luster, and all pieces are completely food safe. Think of it as a functional work of art! Additionally, Nambé alloy naturally has excellent qualities of temperature retention, making it perfect for serving both hot and cold dishes. With proper care, your Nambé product will look beautiful and maintain its lustrous finish for many years.
- If your Nambé product has a lid that will create a tight seal, we recommend you wash and dry the inside thoroughly before applying the lid (i.e. cocktail shaker, ice bucket, etc.).
- Nambé silver alloy naturally has excellent qualities of temperature retention, making it perfect for serving both hot and cold dishes. It can be preheated up to 500 degrees to keep foods hot and can be pre-chilled in the freezer or refrigerator to keep foods cool. CAUTION: DO NOT place plated pieces in the oven. This will cause damage to the finish.
- Nambé serving pieces are intended for serving, not for food storage. Please do not use Nambé metal product as a food storage vessel. To avoid discoloration do not keep cooked, oily and/or acidic food or liquid in Nambé metal products for more than 3 hours. This does not apply to dry food such as chips, cookies, salt & pepper.
- Never put Nambé alloy in the dishwasher, or leave in standing water. Wipe Nambé alloy product by hand with mild soap and dry immediately with a soft clean cloth.
- Never place your Nambé metal product in the microwave.
- With proper care, your Nambé product will look beautiful and maintain its lustrous finish for many years.
- Nambé Wood
- Wash by hand using a mild detergent and a soft sponge or cloth. Dry immediately.
- Do not use abrasive scouring pads, cleaning cloths, or other rough materials on your Nambé wood product. This could scratch the surface of the wood and detract from the beauty of your Nambé wood product.
- Do not place wood items in the dishwasher or leave in standing water.
- To preserve the beauty of Nambé Wood products, nourish wood surfaces periodically with mineral oil applied with a soft cotton cloth; let stand one hour, then wipe away excess with a mild detergent and soft sponge or cloth. Dry immediately.
In 1998, Nambé introduced a collection of full-lead crystal. Each piece is mouth blown and hand cut in the traditional way by the finest glassblowers. It is safe to use with food and beverages, but should never be subjected to sudden temperature changes.
Crystal requires delicate handling. After use, hand wash items in warm water with a mild detergent and a soft cloth or sponge. Dry immediately with a soft cloth to prevent spotting.
- Window-cleaning liquid or rubbing alcohol may be used to clean Nambé crystal
- Do not subject to hot water or to abrasive detergents
- Protect crystal from sudden changes in temperature, which may cause pieces to break
- Displaying in sunny windows for extended periods is not recommended
- If a chip is discovered, take your piece to a local crystal shop or crystal engraver for sanding
- For vases: Avoid mineral stains by using distilled water for flower arrangements and change water frequently; remove stains and mineral deposits with a bottle brush using a mixture of one half vinegar and one half water
- For decanters and vases: To remove stains, remove residue using a handful of uncooked rice in a solution of lemon juice or vinegar and warm water; for tougher stains, allow pieces to soak in warm water with a denture cleaning tablet
- For candleholders: Candles must not burn within 1 inch of the crystal, as this may result in damage to the candleholder
- For champagne flutes: It is best to empty champagne from your flutes and wash and dry them soon after serving; leaving your champagne flutes unwashed overnight will result in discoloration
Lead levels in the crystal glasses sold by Nambé comply with FDA standards.
- Nambé Stainless Steel Flatware & Serving Accessories
- Our Stainless Steel products are dishwasher safe
- Wash as soon as possible after each use and do not leave in standing water for extended periods of time
- Avoid acidic detergents, such as lemon or other citrus dishwashing soaps, as long-term use of these products car, dull the finish
- Remove discoloration using a paste of two-parts baking soda and one-part water, or polish with Nambé polish
- Nambé Tea Kettles Stainless Steel and Enamel on Steel
- Always make sure your tea kettle is at room temperature when filling with cold water. Never overfill your kettle – always make sure water level is at least ¼’’ below the bottom of the inside spout.
- Always use your kettle on a burner that is the same size or smaller than the kettle bottom. Never allow the flame of a gas stove to contact the outside of your kettle.
- Always use low or medium heat. Never place an empty kettle on a hot burner, or allow kettle to boil dry. This could damage your tea kettle. Never use your tea kettle in a hot oven, on a grill, or over an open fire.
- Do not place in dishwasher.
- To clean the inside of your tea kettle, add 1 cup of lemon juice to kettle and fill with water. Allow to sit overnight and then rinse. To remove the taste and smell of the lemon juice from your kettle, fill kettle with tap water and boil. Dispose of the boiled water and repeat until the smell of lemon juice is no longer present.
- Safe for use on electric and gas stovetops.
- Do not use on an induction cooktop.
- CAUTION: Handle, lid and whistle can become hot during use. A pot holder or oven mitt should always be used when handling the tea kettle. When pouring boiling water, pour slowly to avoid splashing and to minimize the amount of steam that may exit the kettle.
- Cast Iron
- Nambé cast iron is lead free and made with an enameled interior.
- Use the cast iron teapot to brew tea, not as a stove-top kettle. The enamel lining could be damaged with exposure to a direct flame or extremely high heat from an electric burner.
- Preparation of tea is easy with the stainless steel basket inside the pot to hold loose leaves, and its wooden handle stats cool to the touch for serving.
- Before using your cast iron teapot for the first time, wash it thoroughly with soap and water and dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Never use in a microwave oven.
- Do not scrub the teapot with abrasive pads or use harsh detergents, simply wash with mild soap and water and wipe it dry after each use.
- Do not leave any tea or water in the teapot for long periods of time.
- Do not expose the teapot to salt or oil.
- Never suddenly cool the teapot when it is still warm.
- The inside of the teapot is enameled. Do not use sharp kitchen utensils inside the tea pot that could scratch the enamel.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- Nambé Cookware
- Nambé Gourmet CookServ 5-ply Stainless Steel Cookware features five layers of material designed to provide even heat distribution as you cook.
- Interior layer is corrosion-resistant 304-grade stainless steel, which is non-reactive and won’t alter the flavors of your food. This layer is bonded to three layers of aluminum to allow your cookware to heat up quickly and evenly, not only on the bottom of your pan, but all the way up the sides.
- The exterior layer is composed of magnetic stainless steel, which can be used on all types of cooktops, including gas, electric and induction.
- Nambé Gourmet CookServ can be used in the oven and the broiler up to 500°F. It cannot be used in the microwave.
- Always use caution when cooking on the stovetop or when using cookware in the oven or broiler. Handles can get hot, so use a potholder or an oven mitt when handling cookware on the stovetop or removing pans from the oven or broiler.
- Nambé Gourmet CookServ cookware is safe for use with all types of utensils, including metal. Metal utensils may scratch the cookware surface, but will not impair the performance of your cookware. We recommend you do not use sharp utensils to cut or chop food in your cookware.
- The flared rims and double-walled insulated lids of Nambé Gourmet CookServ are designed for a perfect fit to seal in heat and moisture during the cooking process. If you leave the lid on after turning down the heat or shutting off the burner, a vacuum could form which may seal the lid to the pan. To break the seal, turn on the heat for a few moments and the lid should come off easily. To avoid a lid seal, remove the lid or set it slightly ajar before turning off the heat.
- Nambé Gourmet CookServ cookware is dishwasher safe, but hand washing with a non-abrasive liquid detergent and a soft cloth or sponge is recommended to preserve the luster and shine of the stainless steel.
- Stainless steel cookware may react with starchy foods and result in temporary discoloration of your pan. To remove, wipe clean with a small amount of lemon juice diluted with water.
- Always allow your cookware to cool completely before washing. Never immerse a hot pan in cold water.
- Nambé Carafes
- Your Nambé carafe is made of high-quality stainless steel, featuring an ergonomically designed handle, durable stainless steel liner and a stay-tight lid to keep all your hot and cold beverages at the desired temperature for up to 8 hours.
- Clean after each use. Hand wash using a non-abrasive liquid detergent and a soft sponge or cloth. To remove difficult stains from the line, fill the carafe with hot water, add one teaspoonful of baking soda, and secure lid. Soak overnight for best results and wash thoroughly before re-using.
- Never place your carafe in the dishwasher, freezer, oven or microwave. Keep away from direct heat. Do not use to store dry ice or ice cubes.
- Do not drink directly from the carafe to prevent scalding from hot contents. Always pour the contents of your carafe into a cup before drinking.
- Stay-tight lid keeps all your hot and cold beverages at the temperature you desire for up to 8 hours.
- Nambé Silver-Plated Giftware
- These items have a lacquer coating to help prevent tarnishing.
- Do not use silver polish to clean as it may damage the plating.
- Hand wash only prior to first use with warm water and a soft cloth with mild detergent.
- Do not allow product to soak or use abrasive cleaners that can scratch or dull surface.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- Dry immediately with a soft cloth to avoid spotting.
- Make sure item is completely dry before storing.
- Do not wrap in rubber bands, plastic, newspaper or any high Sulphur material.
- Do not use in microwave or to heat food in the oven.
- Not recommended for food storage, particularly hot food over a long period.
- Foods containing salt may cause corrosion if they remain on the surface.
- Baby Nambé
The Baby Nambé Collection features truly beautiful, well-designed, handcrafted baby gifts. Every item in the Baby Nambé collection is designed and created as a keepsake to be passed down from generation to generation. Custom engraving is available, visit www.nambe.com for details.
- Nambé Plated Products - Heritage, Copper Canyon, Classic Copper, Eco
- Each piece is unique in its handcrafted finish and some variation in color will exist.
- Nambé plated products are coated with a food safe lacquer.
- Do not place on stovetop, in microwave or oven.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- Hand wash with mild soap and water only, using a non-abrasive cloth.
- Nambé plated products can be pre-chilled in the freezer or refrigerator to keep foods cool.
- Plating will scratch if a knife or sharp object is used on surface.
- If plating is compromised a natural patina will eventually develop in the exposed area.
- Do not use metal polish on this product.
- Nambé Lamps
- Nambé lamps are UL approved
- Read the complete instruction sheet inserted in every lamp box for proper assembly and bulb information
- All safety precautions listed on each lamp instruction sheet should be followed to avoid fire hazards
- Only use the bulb and wattage information specified on the label on the socket of each lamp
- Bone China and Porcelain
- Microwave and dishwasher safe.
- When cleaning avoid abrasive materials.
- Gray marks can be removed by cleansers specifically designed to remove metal marks from ceramic products.
- Not recommended for freezer or oven use.
- Do not expose to direct heat from a naked flame or to rapid changes of temperature.
- Nambé Concrete
Nambé concrete is a dynamic material that is extremely durable, easy to care for, elegant and beautiful. Smooth to the touch and coated with a food-safe lacquer, Nambé concrete has remarkable thermal properties that allow it to retain cold temperatures when chilled.
- Not microwave or oven safe.
- Hand wash only and dry immediately.
- Nambé concrete’s remarkable thermal properties allow it to retain cold temperatures. Pre-chill in the refrigerator or freezer, before use to keep cold dishes, wine or champagne chilled for hours.
- Nambé Glass Stemware
- Dishwasher safe.
- If handwashing, use warm soapy water, rinse thoroughly and dry with a lint free cloth.
- When washing and drying do not twist the bowl in the opposite direction of the stem as this can cause damage.
- Extreme temperatures can crack or break your glass. Avoid pouring hot liquids into cold glass, or very cold liquids into warm glass.
- Do not use product in microwave or conventional oven.
- Nambé Glass Giftware, Serving Accessories & Drinkware
- All Nambé glassware is lead free.
- Dishwasher safe, using a non-abrasive detergent.
- Do not use product in the microwave or conventional oven.
- Extreme temperatures can crack or break glass. Avoid pouring hot liquids into cold glass, or very cold liquids into warm glass.
- Microwave, oven, freezer and dishwasher safe.
- When cleaning, avoid abrasive cleansers. Gray marks can be removed by cleaners specifically designed to remove metal marks from ceramic products.
- Not recommended for use in the broiler or under a microwave browning element.
- Do not expose stoneware to a naked flame or direct heat, or rapid changes in temperature.
- Stoneware can become very hot when used in the microwave. Use of potholders or oven mitts is recommended.
Nambé items with enamel color may be washed by hand using a mild detergent and a soft cloth. Dry these products immediately with a soft cloth.
- Do not place items made with enamel in the dishwasher
- Do not leave in standing water for extended periods of time
- Only polish the exposed alloy portion of enamel pieces
- Repolish service is not available on enamel items