Care & Use
All Nambé pieces are everyday art that’s designed to be used. To also keep them beautiful for many years, follow these guidelines for their care.
Nambé Classic Silver Alloy
Our proprietary eight metal alloy is known for its beauty and luster. The Nambé alloy naturally has excellent qualities of temperature retention, making it a perfect serving vessel for both hot and cold dishes. Your Nambé item is a fine piece of serveware and an artistic accessory. Think of it as functional sculpture or art you can use everyday! With proper care, your Nambé product will look beautiful and maintain its lustrous finish for many years.
Proper Maintenance Includes:
- Maintain and restore luster by applying a small amount of Nambé polish with a soft cloth. Polish can be purchased at any Nambé store or at www.nambe.com
- Apply a light coating of vegetable oil to any bowl or serving piece prior to using with food. This provides a protective barrier for highly acidic foods which could cause a slight staining to the finish. Repeat prior to each use with food.
- When cared for properly, your Nambé product should retain its luster and beauty for many years. However, if at any time you desire a complete factory re-polish of your product to return it to “like new” condition, please contact Nambé at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on our re-polish service. If you would like to minimize the loss of the shiny finish of your Nambé product, which naturally occurs over time and with use, use your Nambé primarily as a serving or display piece. Using your Nambé product as a cooking vessel will, over time, create a unique patina to the original finish.
- Use wooden or silicone utensils to avoid scratching the product.
- If your Nambé product has a lid that will create a tight seal, we recommend you wash and dry the inside thoroughly before applying the lid (i.e. cocktail shaker, ice bucket, etc.).
- The Classic Nambé silver alloy can be preheated up to 500 degrees to keep foods hot and can pre-chilled in the freezer or refrigerator to keep foods cool.
- CAUTION: DO NOT place Heritage Bronze, Classic Copper, or Copper Canyon pieces in the oven. This will cause damage to the finish.
- All Nambé pieces are food safe. This includes our silver alloy, wood, stainless steel, and all products with decorative finishes. Nambé serving pieces are intended for serving, not for food storage. Please do not use Nambé as a food storage vessel. To avoid discoloration do not keep cooked and/or acidic food or liquid in Nambé products for more than 3 hours. This does not apply to dry food such as chips, cookies, salt and pepper.
- Never put Nambé alloy or wood product in the dishwasher, or leave in standing water. Wash Nambé alloy and wood product by hand with mild soap and dry immediately with a soft clean cloth. Stainless steel Nambé products are dishwasher-safe.
- Never place your Nambé product in the microwave.
- Nambé Wood
- Wash by hand using a mild detergent and a soft sponge or cloth. Dry immediately.
- Do not use abrasive scouring pads, cleaning cloths, or other rough materials on your Nambé wood product. This could scratch the surface of the wood and detract from the beauty of your Nambé wood product.
- Do not place wood items in the dishwasher or leave in standing water.
- To preserve the beauty of Nambé Wood products, nourish wood surfaces periodically with mineral oil applied with a soft cotton cloth; let stand one hour, then wipe away excess with a mild detergent and soft sponge or cloth. Dry immediately.
- Nambé Crystal
In 1998, Nambé introduced a collection of full-lead crystal. Each piece is mouth blown and hand cut in the traditional way by the finest glassblowers. It is safe to use with food and beverages, but should never be subjected to sudden temperature changes.
Crystal requires delicate handling. After use, hand wash items in warm water with a mild detergent and a soft cloth or sponge. Dry immediately with a soft cloth to prevent spotting.
- Window-cleaning liquid or rubbing alcohol may be used to clean Nambé crystal
- Do not subject to hot water or to abrasive detergents
- Protect crystal from sudden changes in temperature, which may cause pieces to break
- Displaying in sunny windows for extended periods is not recommended
- If a chip is discovered, take your piece to a local crystal shop or crystal engraver for sanding
- For vases: Avoid mineral stains by using distilled water for flower arrangements and change water frequently; remove stains and mineral deposits with a bottle brush using a mixture of one half vinegar and one half water
- For decanters and vases: To remove stains, remove residue using a handful of uncooked rice in a solution of lemon juice or vinegar and warm water; for tougher stains, allow pieces to soak in warm water with a denture cleaning tablet
- For candleholders: Candles must not burn within 1 inch of the crystal, as this may result in damage to the candleholder
- For champagne flutes: It is best to empty champagne from your flutes and wash and dry them soon after serving; leaving your champagne flutes unwashed overnight will result in discoloration
Lead levels in the crystal glasses sold by Nambé comply with FDA standards.
- Nambé Stainless Steel Flatware & Serving Accessories
- Our Stainless Steel products are dishwasher safe
- Wash as soon as possible after each use and do not leave in standing water for extended periods of time
- Avoid acidic detergents, such as lemon or other citrus dishwashing soaps, as long-term use of these products car, dull the finish
- Remove discoloration using a paste of two-parts baking soda and one-part water, or polish with Nambé polish
- Nambé Gourmet
With proper care and handling, your Nambé CookServ cookware will last a lifetime. Nambé CookServ Multi-ply Stainless Steel Cookware features five layers of material designed to provide even heat distribution as you cook. The interior layer is corrosion-resistant 304grade stainless steel, which is non-reactive and won’t alter the flavors of your food. This layer is bonded to three interior layers of aluminum to allow your cookware to heat up quickly and evenly, not only on the bottom of your pan, but all the way up the sides. The exterior layer is composed of magnetic stainless steel, which can be used on all types of cooktops, including gas, electric and induction.
- Nambé CookServ can be used in the oven and the broiler up to 500°F. It cannot be used in the microwave.
- Always use caution when cooking on the stove top or when using cookware in the oven or broiler. Handles can get hot, so use a potholder or an oven mitt when handling cookware on the stove top or removing pans from the oven or broiler.
- Nambé CookServ cookware is safe for use with all types of utensils, including metal. Metal utensils may scratch the cookware surface, but will not impair the performance of your cookware. We recommend you do not use sharp utensils to cut or chop food in your cookware.
- The flared rims and double-walled insulated lids of Nambé Gourmet CookServ are designed for a perfect fit to seal in heat and moisture during the cooking process. If you leave the lid on after turning down the heat or shutting off the burner, a vacuum could form which may seal the lid to the pan. To break the seal, turn on the heat for a few moments and the lid should come off easily. To avoid a lid seal, remove the lid or set it slightly ajar before turning off the heat.
- Nambé CookServ cookware is dishwasher safe, but hand washing with a non-abrasive liquid detergent and a soft cloth or sponge is recommended to preserve the luster and shine of the stainless steel.
- Stainless steel cookware may react with starchy foods and result in temporary discoloration of your pan. To remove, wipe clean with a small amount of lemon juice diluted with water.
- Always allow your cookware to cool completely before washing. Never immerse a hot pan in cold water.
Congratulations! You have purchased a beautifully designed, high-quality Nambé tea kettle constructed of premium heavy-gauge stainless steel, and featuring a durable, 5-ply bonded disc bottom for quick heating. If properly cared for, your tea kettle will last for many years.
- Always make sure your tea kettle is at room temperature when filling with cold water. Never overfill your kettle – always make sure water level is at least ¼” below the bottom of the inside spout.
- Always use your kettle on a burner that is the same size or smaller than the kettle bottom. Never allow the flame of a gas stove to contact the outside of your kettle.
- Your tea kettle can be used on all range types. Always use low or medium heat. Never place an empty kettle on a hot burner, or allow kettle to boil dry. This could damage your tea kettle. Never use your tea kettle in a hot oven, on a grill, or over an open fire.
- To clean the inside of your tea kettle, add 1 cup lemon juice to kettle and fill with water. Allow to sit overnight and then rinse. To remove the taste and smell of the lemon juice from your kettle, fill kettle with tap water and thoroughly boil. Dispose of the boiled water and repeat until the smell of lemon juice is no longer present.
- CAUTION: Handle, lid and whistle can become hot during use. A pot holder or oven mitt should always be used when handling the tea kettle. When pouring boiling water, pour slowly to avoid splashing, and to minimize the amount of steam that may exit the kettle.
Your Nambé carafe is made of high-quality stainless steel, featuring an ergonomically designed handle, a premium glass liner, and a stay-tight lid to keep all your hot and cold beverages at the temperature you desire for up to 6 hours.
To care for your carafe:
- Clean after each use. Handwash using a non-abrasive liquid detergent and a soft sponge or cloth. To remove difficult stains from the glass liner, fill the carafe with hot water, add one teaspoonful of baking soda, and secure lid. Soak overnight for best results, and wash thoroughly before re-using.
- Never place your carafe in the dishwasher, freezer, oven or microwave. Keep away from direct heat. Do not use to store dry ice or ice cubes.
- The glass liner of your carafe is fragile and could break if the carafe is mishandled or dropped. Do not drink directly from the carafe in case there is broken glass and to prevent scalding from hot contents. Always pour the contents of your carafe into a cup before drinking. Keep out of reach of children.
- Nambé Silver Plated Giftware
- This item has been treated with a lacquer coating to help prevent tarnish
- Do not use silver polish to clean as it may damage the coating
- Hand wash only prior to first use with warm water and a soft cloth with mild detergent
- Do not allow product to soak or use abrasive cleaners that can scratch or dull surface
- Not dishwasher safe
- Dry immediately with a soft cloth to avoid spotting
- Make sure item is completely dry before storing
- Do not wrap in rubber bands, plastic, newspaper or any high sulphur material
- Do not use in microwave or to heat food in oven
- Not recommended for food storage, particularly hot food over a long period of time
- Foods containing salt may cause corrosion if they remain on the surface
- Baby Nambé
The Baby Nambé Collection features truly beautiful, well-designed, handcrafted baby gifts. Every item in the Baby Nambé collection is designed and created as a keepsake to be passed down from generation to generation. Custom engraving is available, visit www.nambe.com for details.
- Nambé Heritage, Copper Canyon & Classic Copper
- Each piece is unique in its handcrafted finish and some variation in color will exist
- Entire surface is covered with a food safe lacquer
- Same cold retention properties as traditional Nambé Alloy
- Hand wash with mild soap and water only, using a non-abrasive cloth
- Not dishwasher safe
- Do not place on stovetop, in oven or microwave
- Refrigerator and freezer safe
- Coating will scratch if a knife or sharp object is used on surface
- If the coating is compromised a natural patina will eventually develop in the exposed area
- Do not use metal polish on this product
- Nambé Lamps
- Nambé lamps are UL approved
- Read the complete instruction sheet inserted in every lamp box for proper assembly and bulb information
- All safety precautions listed on each lamp instruction sheet should be followed to avoid fire hazards
- Only use the bulb and wattage information specified on the label on the socket of each lamp
- Bone China
Most bone china dinnerware is microwave safe and dishwasher safe. Exceptions are decorative patterns, which should be washed by hand, and patterns decorated with gold, silver, or platinum, which cannot be used in the microwave.
Rinse each piece prior to loading it into the dishwasher and avoid overcrowding. Load pieces securely on racks and position them so that they do not come into contact with other items during the cycle. Bone china pieces may also be washed by hand using a mild detergent and soft sponge.
- Do not subject bone china items to severe temperature changes; items should be at room temperature before putting hot foods in them
- Do not use bone china in a conventional oven, under the broiler, or on a burner
- To prevent scratches, make sure pieces do not come into contact with other pieces; paper may be placed between stacks of dinnerware to prevent contact
- To remove marks caused by metal utensils or stains, rub gently using a non-abrasive cleanser and soft sponge
Nambé stoneware is oven safe to 375 degrees, freezer safe, microwave safe, and dishwasher safe, and can go straight from the freezer to the oven to the table.
Rinse each piece prior to loading it into the dishwasher and avoid overcrowding. Load pieces securely on racks and position so that they do not come into contact with other items during the cycle. Stoneware pieces may also be washed by hand using a mild detergent and soft sponge.
- Do not subject stoneware items to severe temperature changes; items should be at room temperature before putting hot foods in them
- When using in the oven, evenly distribute the food or a small amount of liquid on the bottom of the piece
- Always place stoneware pieces in a cold (not preheated) oven
- The oven temperature should not exceed 375 degrees
- Do not use stoneware under the broiler or on a burner
- Do not place stoneware on a damp surface or immerse in water when it is hot
- Use insulated pot holders when handling stoneware that has been heated in the oven or microwave
- To remove marks caused by metal utensils or stains, rub gently using a non-abrasive cleanser and soft sponge
Nambé items with enamel color may be washed by hand using a mild detergent and a soft cloth. Dry these products immediately with a soft cloth.
- Do not place items made with enamel in the dishwasher
- Do not leave in standing water for extended periods of time
- Only polish the exposed alloy portion of enamel pieces
- Repolish service is not available on enamel items