Last updated January 13, 2020
The Customer Service department, who can be contacted by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling (888) 778-1471 between 9.00 am and 4.30 pm (Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays). Please note that all calls made from US or Canadian landlines will be charged at your standard landline rate. Mobile phone and international call charges will vary.
Information we may collect about you?
We collect information directly from you. The following are a few examples of when we collect information from you:
- Data that you provide by filling in forms on our website at www.portmeirion.com and any other website operated by or for us or our U.S. affiliates for the United States, mobile applications, onboard media, blogs, phone, in person, social media and other places, and other online or wireless offerings, whether accessed via computer, mobile device or other technology, owned or operated by us or on behalf for the United States (collectively, our “Access Points”). This includes information provided at the time of registering on any of the Access Points, placing orders and upon submitting comments.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Access Points and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Records of correspondence if you contact us.
- Details of your visits to any of the Access Points. We may also collect other information including, but not limited to, your IP address, traffic data and location data.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Data that you provide when you request to receive catalogues, or when you enter contests, sweepstakes or promotion sponsored by us or one of our marketing partners.
- Records that we maintain of the items you purchase from us.
- If you upload or share a photo or other digital content through one of our Access Points.
Additional ways that information is collected through the Access Points
Browser Log Files: Our servers automatically log each visitor to the Access Points and collect and record certain information about each visitor. This information includes or may include your “Internet Protocol”, or IP, address, browser language, browser type, operating system, domain names, browsing history (including time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit), referring/exit web pages and URLs, and number of clicks. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about the visitor other than the IP address from which the visitor has accessed the Access Points.Cookies: From time to time, we and/or our advertisers or other third parties may send “cookies” to your computer or use pixel tags, and other tracking technologies. Cookies, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies help us better understand your shopping needs and preferences, tell us which parts of our website you have visited, facilitate and measure the effectiveness of our advertisements and provide consistent and personalized services and experiences.
Pixel tags in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us. These technologies may also be used to determine the ads you see on our Access Points and also on other sites. You can choose whether or not to accept cookies by changing the settings of your Internet browser (see the Opt Out section below), but some functionality of the Access Points may be impaired or not function as intended if you choose not to accept cookies. For information about targeted online advertising and your choices related to it please see the relevant section below.
These technologies may be used to collect “click-stream data,” which includes information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the Access Points and our online ads. We may combine the information we collect through these technologies with other information we have collected from and about you and use it as described in this policy.
Web Beacons: Some of our web pages and electronic communications may contain images, which may or may not be visible to you, known as Web Beacons (sometimes referred to as “clear gifs”). Web Beacons collect only limited information that includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also carry Web Beacons placed by third party advertisers. These Web Beacons do not carry any Personal Information and are only used to track usage of the Access Points and activities associated with the Access Points.
Unique Identifier: We may assign you a unique internal identifier to help keep track of your future visits. We use this information to gather aggregate demographic information about our visitors, and we use it to personalize the information you see on the Access Points and some of the electronic communications you receive from us. We keep this information for our internal use, and this information is not shared with others.
IP Addresses: We may collect information about your computer or device, such as your computer’s or model device’s internet protocol address (“IP address”), your browser type, your operating system, media access control address (“MAC address”), received signal strength indicator (“RSSI”), browser type and the country and telephone area where your computer is located and other technical information.
Opt Out: We may allow third-party companies to serve advertisements and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit the Access Points. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (including, but not limited to, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to the Access Points in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to personalized information about your online usage activity.
We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from your activities in and on all our Access Points, and/or information we receive from our joint marketing partners and unrelated third parties.
You can opt-out of certain online behavioral services through any one of the ways described below (you do not need to go to each opt-out site, one is sufficient). After you opt-out, you will continue to receive advertisements, but those advertisements will no longer be as relevant to you.
- You can opt-out via the Network Advertising Initiative industry opt-out at www.networkadvertising.org.
- You can opt-out via the Consumer Choice Page at www.aboutads.info.
- You can opt-out via the IAB UK's industry opt-out at www.youronlinechoices.com.
To opt out of accepting cookies, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to provide a pop-up notice to you when you are sent a cookie, so you can decide whether or not to accept it. Please know that deleting or disabling cookies will impact your ability to use certain features of our websites and you may not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our Access Points.
You are not required to provide any personal data to us, but we cannot process your order for products or send you communications and you may not be able to access our offers or enter into our promotions.
How is my information used for behavioral or targeted advertising and what choices do I have?
Please note that as above, even if you opt-out, these tracking technologies may still collect data and you will still see ads, but they will not be targeted based upon the information collected through these tracking technologies.
How do we use your information?
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your orders, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications.
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions.
- To help us better understand your shopping needs and preferences and provide consistent, personalized services and experiences across our brands.
- To help us address problems with and improve our website design, products and services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To enhance your shopping experience.
- To analyze trends and statistics.
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
- To contact you if necessary.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please click the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Do we share your information?
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates in the U.S. or to our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries in the United Kingdom.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we engage a third party to perform certain services such as processing credit card payments, shipping, IT, managing contact information and promotions. We will provide the third party with the information needed for them to perform services for us and require them to adhere to privacy practices that are consistent with ours.
- Your personal data may be shared with our affiliates, including those in the U.K.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or the rights, property or safety of our affiliates, our customers, our employees or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the United States. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the United States who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of payment details and the provision of support services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers. Any payment transactions will be processed by us or a third party supplier that is providing these services to us.
Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We may combine your personal data provided online with data you provide to us in our stores or through our catalogues. Additionally, your personal data may be added to other information about you available from public sources, as well as information shared with us by any partners. We combine the personal data in order to better inform you about products and services that you may be interested in and to provide you with more personalized service.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable security procedures and features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
How do I access or change my information?
You can review and change certain personal information related to your use of our Access Points (such as your name and contact information). To access your information at a Portmeirion Group website, simply sign in to your account using your login and password, and you will be able to edit your personal information in your account profile.
You can also ask us to update your personal information by contacting us as described in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?” below.
How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, from one or more of our brands, you can let us know by contacting our customer service as described in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?” below.
If contacting customer service, please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from us. If you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a “do not contact” file to ensure that we can honor your request.
If you change your mind, you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by logging into your online account and changing your preferences, by signing up when you visit any of our Access Points or when you enter a sweepstakes or contest, or by contacting customer service.
Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email, or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
Children’s online privacy
Our Access Points are offered to the general public. If you are under 13 years old, we do not allow you to register with us. We do not market or send emails to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before accessing our Access Points.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other websites to which we link. By accessing third party websites through our Access Points, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
How do I contact you?
The Customer Service Department, who can be contacted by e-mailing email@example.com, or calling (888) 778-1471 between 9.00 am and 4.30 pm (Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays). Please note that all calls made from US or Canadian landlines will be charged at your standard landline rate. Mobile phone and international call charges will vary.
We can also be contacted at Portmeirion Group USA, 105 Progress Lane, Waterbury, CT, 06705.
Your California Privacy Rights?
Effective January 1, 2020, if you are a resident of California, and you have provided personal information to us, as that term is defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, click here.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org. As described above, we deploy cookies, tracking pixels, web beacons and other technologies on our websites.
PRIVACY STATEMENT TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
If you are a resident of California, effective January 1, 2020, you have the following additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
- to know what categories of personal data about you we have collected and used, including how the personal data was collected;
- to know what categories of personal data is being sold or disclosed and if it is being sold or disclosed to third parties and a list of categories of information that are sold;
- to opt out of the sale of your personal data;
- to access your personal data, including the right to download or transfer personal data collected during the previous 12 months;
- to request that your personal data be deleted; and
- to equal service and equal price for goods or services even if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
- Identity Data - includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data - includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers and records of correspondence if you contact us including your email address if you email us, address if you write to us and your telephone number if you call us.
- Financial Data - includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data - includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data - includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data - includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data - includes information about how you use our websites, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data - includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Portmeirion Group does not sell personal data.
- Portmeirion Group has not disclosed personal data for a business purpose.
Calling us at: 888-778-1471 between 9.00am and 4.30pm ET (Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays) or emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also submit a verifiable consumer request to: Portmeirion Group USA, 105 Progress Lane, Waterbury, CT, 06705.
For all requests, it is helpful to put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, describe the nature of your request, and provide your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to provide enough information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person that we collected information about.